Gideon Academy believes that man created in the image of God, is endowed with potentialities and powers; and that these should be developed based on the teachings of God as contained in the Bible. Gideon Academy believes that to develop a student as a whole person, spiritually, mentally,physically and socially, the student must be taught the Bible so that he may understand God as well as his own nature and purpose of life.
Gideon Academy is a Christian institution that offers preschool, elementary, and secondary education for children of Chinese-Filipino descent. It was established by the United Evangelical Church Pasay (UECPasay). From its humble beginnings of having barely 18 pupils in the nursery level in 1984, the church grounds were used as classrooms. In 1987, the church acquired the present school site. Each year as the pupils got promoted, a class for the next level was opened. Thus, by 1992, Gideon Academy was offering the entire elementary course and by 1996, the entire secondary course. At present, God has shown His grace and faithfulness by providing a complete three phase building, with new and renovated facilities like indoor gym, social hall, playroom, library, computer laboratory, High School and Elementary Science laboratory, classrooms and others which have contributed to the school’s upgraded academic standard.
基中书院是巴西中華基督教会创办的学校,设有幼稚园,小学,中学等部门. 其培育的对象为菲华裔子弟. 1984年创校时,培幼班仅有18 位学生,借教会场所做教室. 1987年教会购置现今校址,每年逐增设班級,1992至1996年先后达成中小学十年学制. 如今拥有三座教学楼, 是天父彰显了对学校的恩惠与信实, 学校有了全新的设备如室内运动场, 中小学实验室, 电脑室, 游戏室. 图书馆, 教室内更设有投影机等先进教具. 这一切皆为提升学校水准而设立的.
“Gideon Academy aspires to be the leading Christian learning institution dedicated to relevant, holistic and God-centered education for foundational and character development and lifelong learning.”
To provide it’s learning community with a holistic God-centered education through relevant instruction, excellence in teaching and a positive learning environment.”
PHILOSOPHY OF EDUCATION
Gideon Academy believes that man, created in the image of God, is endowed with potentialities and powers; and that these should be developed based on the teachings of God as contained in the Bible. It believes that to develop a student as a whole person, spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically and socially, the student must be taught the Bible so that he may understand God as well as his own nature and the purpose of life.
Gideon Academy stresses on a solid foundation of basic education, while developing relevant approaches to teaching young minds in order to maximize their potential. Education is not only based on didactic and theoretical knowledge but needs to be practical and relevant, so that products of Gideon education is seen as powerful instruments of spiritual and social change. All teachings are necessarily consistent and compatible with the Bible.
Gideon Academy is a Christian institution, professionally managed by Christian Board of Trustees and Administrators. Integrity and a progressive outlook form the backbone of the Gideon organization.
1. To provide its pupils with experiences and opportunities that will lead to a personal encounter with and acceptance of Christ while helping establish a strong moral and spiritual foundation;
2. To provide the means and the guidance for its pupils to develop the potentials, talents and abilities of its pupils to the fullest;
3. To provide preschool, elementary and high school educational background in preparation for college work;
4. To inculcate a sound and balanced nationalism in its pupils in appreciation of their Filipino cultural heritage and a love and loyalty to the Filipino nation; and
5. To foster in its students, mostly of Chinese descent, an appreciation of their unique identity by providing an educational environment that strengthens their awareness and love for their Chinese cultural tradition.
1. To instill in the minds of its pupils love and service to God, people and country;
2. To help its pupils understand the interrelationship between themselves and the environment so they can cope with the changing community and society;
3. To help its pupils develop well-rounded personalities through character building and strengthening of their social consciousness, spiritual and moral values;
4. To prepare the pupils academically for them to have reasonable proficiency in science, mathematics and communication arts thus readying them for the next grade level; and
5. To provide physical fitness and extra-curricular activities in order to enhance the normal development of the pupils.